Job Description: Assistant Store Manager
Summary of Position
Major purpose and functions of the position
Responsible for assisting with the complete operations of assigned store, in conjunction
with assigned tasks and duties. Assist in hiring, training and development of all store
associates in both operations and merchandising.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities listed in order of importance
- Assists with all store functions including scheduling, ordering, freight processing and all day-to-day store activities as directed.
- Performs all opening and closing procedures.
- Protects and secures all company assets, including store cash.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures including safety guidelines.
- Provide leadership and direction to associates as appropriate to include utilization of
daily planner and index cards.
- Maintain a professional and friendly environment with customers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Maintain sales floor to company standards to include recovery.
- Assists with evaluating, recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and counseling of Dollar Tree associates.
- Processing of all required reports, documents, and memos.
- Proficient use of available tools and technology at the store level.
Summary of knowledge, experience and education required
- Must possess prior retail and management experience
- Background in dealing with hardlines / variety merchandise
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Ability to work in a high energy team environment.