CORE Logistics Executive Development Program trainees will learn Management’s role in all related departmental functions for the various departments of the Distribution Center; putting them in the driver’s seat of their own Distribution Center Department within 6-9 months.
Trainees will learn management’s role in Receiving, Equipment, Order Selection, and Shipping by rotating through each department to learn and understand the following:
- Work processes, key metrics, facility layout, work flow and planning, and cost control measures.
- Recruit/network, hire, train, develop, motivate, evaluate, counsel, and coach DC associates.
- Supervise daily activities in the department, allocate work, and monitor productivity, ensuring the highest standards of quality,
safety, and housekeeping are maintained.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively drive for results while continually improving department performance.
- Develop personal and professional leadership qualities to become an effective leader that is able to successfully lead and motivate 20 or more department associates by fostering a team environment and demonstrating the ability to motivate and
influence others to achieve a common goal.
- Understand the interrelationships between each Department and the supporting functions of Human Resources, Quality, Maintenance, and Safety and the roles they play in the operation of the Distribution Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related field
- Ability to relocate
In the event we have positions available in Import Logistics and/or Domestic Transportation, we will recruit for these open positions while visiting college campuses.
The CORE Logistics Executive Development Program creates competent managers in 6-9 months of structured learning and hands-on experience. Participants complete rotations alongside experienced associates in every Distribution Center department including Inbound (Receiving & Equipment) and Outbound (Order Selection & Shipping) operations.
The fast-paced, hands-on program activities enable participants to acquire organizational and technical knowledge as they gain systems expertise and develop business skills.
Elements of the CORE Logistics Executive Development Program include:
- Acclimation to the Logistics Division.
- Targeted professional and technical development.
- Specialized technical development instruction.
- Direct interaction with Senior Leaders.
- Ongoing professional development plans for continued growth.
The CORE Executive Development Program provides graduates with a solid career foundation, executive support, and the opportunity to build peer networks.