Job Description: District Manager
Summary of Position
Major purpose and functions of the position
Plan for growth with continued success in operating a profitable business through hiring,
training, and development of store associates in both operations and merchandising.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities listed in order of importance
- Recruit/network, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, counsel, and build TEAM DOLLAR
- Maintain high standards of merchandise placement, store signage, and proper display
techniques to create an inviting place to shop as per company directives.
- Follow up to ensure corporate policies, memos and merchandise bulletins are enforced
and completed in stores.
- Analyze district sales results and trends to achieve sale increases and maximize sales.
- Maintain a good inventory mix and merchandise presentation to maximize sales results in
- Control payroll hours, cash control, conduct store audits, ensure price changes are com
pleted, monitor inventory shrinkage, and communicate with Regional Director and Store
Support Center as needed. Follow up on all communications, voice mail, e-mail, and
paper mail in a timely manner.
- Responsible for inventory shrinkage throughout the district as it relates to security problems, shoplifting and follow up on banking procedures. Responsible for all aspects of inventory integrity throughout the district.
- Maintain a high level of customer service within the district through personal interactions
with associates and customers by ensuring we are friendly and handing out baskets.
Assurance of a customer-friendly store means a well-recovered and clean store with new
merchandise out in a timely manner.
Summary of knowledge, experience and education required
- 5 or more years progressive retail management experience, at least 2 years of which should be in a hardlines retail
- 2 or more years of multi-unit retail management experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills to aid with handling associate and customer issues as well as strong recruiting skills and
- Strong merchandising skills a must;
- Ability to follow and initiate planogram type merchandise directives;
- Must have a current/valid driver’s license.
- College level coursework relative to business management preferred
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.