The Merchandise Planner Training Program is designed to grow individuals into planning professionals who develop financial strategies of sales, inventory and profit at the product category / location level. Merchandise Planners partner with our Buying Team to generate analytical and financial tools used in making buying decision to ensure Dollar Tree stores’ financial goals are achieved.
The program’s hands-on training modules and on-going development will prepare associates for the following responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate and partner with Buyers on initial planning, re-forecasting and purchasing decisions to maximize sales and profit.
- Develop annual financial merchandise plans for sales, inventory and profit by product category and store location.
- Analyze assigned product departments, create product assortment plans and leverage promotional opportunities.
- Analyze and advise on product and market trends, including competitors.
- Determine store level business strategies.
- Design product assortment plans based on current sales revenue trends, historical revenue,
inventory levels and store/distribution center capacity.
- Perform recap analysis for seasonal events and strategies
After the completion of the training program, the Trainee will receive full ownership of one or more merchandise categories to plan.
Our Merchandise Planning Training Program is offered based on the needs of our business. Currently, this training program is closed; check back to see when it's available.