Dollar Tree Text-To-Win Contest Official Rules
The Dollar Tree Text-to-Win Contest Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) is being held by Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. (“Dollar Tree”). The Sweepstakes Entry Period (the “Sweepstakes Period”) begins on or about 12:01am EDT on Monday, May 13, 2013 and closes 11:59pm EDT on Friday, June 14, 2013. Four (4) random Contest entrants will win a Dollar Tree gift card in the amount of $100.00. A winner will be chosen on or before June 28, 2013. Entries received after Friday, June 14, 2013 at 11:59pm EDT will be disqualified.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Entrant must be a legal resident of the United States and eighteen (18) years of age or older to be eligible for the Contest. This offer is void wherever prohibited or restricted and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Employees and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of Dollar Tree, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of contest, and any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities are not eligible. Non-compliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification from the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
To enter, you must send a text message to 28469 with “WIN” in the body of the text message during the Sweepstakes Period. You must have a two-way text-enabled phone with compatible carrier and plan. You will be automatically entered into the Text-To-Win Contest for a chance to win. Entrants will be sent a text message confirming entry: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. Entrants will be charged standard messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas, and not all wireless carriers participate. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges.
Only one entry per customer is permitted. Customers submitting multiple entries or multiple mobile phone numbers will be disqualified. Dollar Tree and its affiliates will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Dollar Tree. By participating in this contest, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Dollar Tree and/or contest administrators, which are final and binding in all matters related to the contest. The award of a prize is contingent upon Entrant complying with all conditions and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entries must include all of the required information as set forth in the submission form and herein or will be deemed ineligible.
Four (4) winners will receive a Dollar Tree gift card in the amount of $100.00. The winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all state, federal and local taxes applicable to the receipt of this prize. The winner acknowledges that the prize may be taxable and agrees to provide information for, and verify by signature, the appropriate IRS and other forms as determined by Dollar Tree. All decisions of Dollar Tree relating to this contest will be final. All entry materials submitted become the property of Dollar Tree.
Winners agree, by acceptance of the above-mentioned prize, to the use of their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes at the discretion of management of Dollar Tree. By acceptance of the prize, winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and hereby releases Dollar Tree and its parent and affiliates from any and all claims and liabilities for any loss or damage of personal property, or any claims of personal injury related to the contest or the awarded prize. All decisions of Dollar Tree relating to this contest will be final. This contest will be administered in the State of Virginia, and by participating, all Entrants hereby agree that the laws of the State of Virginia will apply exclusively to the contest and that any dispute with respect to this contest will be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of Virginia.
At the conclusion of each week, a potential winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the weekly Sweepstakes Period using the Hipcricket® platform “randomizer” system feature. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners will be notified via phone call through phone number supplied during the contest entry and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within (a specified time period). Prizes will be mailed within four weeks of winner(s) response. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification, Dollar Tree may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place.
To receive notification of the winners name(s), send a self addressed and stamped envelope marked “Text-To-Win Contest” on the back of the envelope to: Dollar Tree Direct, 500 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, VA 23320.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER NAME MAY BE POSTED AS A WINNER ON DOLLAR TREE’S WEBSITE AT DOLLAR TREE’S DISCRETION. By submitting an Entry, Entrant agrees that submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Dollar Tree under any obligation. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. No correspondence regarding entries will be entered into with Entrants, except as provided herein. By entering, Entrant agrees that he/she has no right to bring (and covenants not to bring) any claim, action, or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against the Dollar Tree and any released parties in connection with this contest.
The contest is sponsored by Dollar Tree Stores, Inc., 500 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Dollar Tree Pin It To Win It! Graduation Party Contest Official Rules
Pinterest® lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. This is a great way to help plan a party and that is exactly what we want you to do! Think of a unique and fun way to celebrate a new graduate; then go to DollarTree.com and pin all the items you would use for a graduation party.
You could be one of ten lucky winners to receive a Dollar Tree gift card.
1st Prize: $100 Dollar Tree Gift Card
2nd Prize: $75 Dollar Tree Gift Card
3rd Prize: $50 Dollar Tree Gift Card
4th – 10th Prize: $25 Dollar Tree Gift Card
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: Entry period begins Monday, April 1, 2013 at 12:00am EDT and ends Friday, May 10, 2013 at 11:59pm EDT.
- PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY: The Party Pinning Contest (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the contiguous forty-eight fifty (48) United States and the District of Columbia who are age eighteen years old (18) or older as of March 31, 2013. A person who complies with all the eligibility rules shall be referred to as “Entrant.” Employees of Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and their immediate family (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household (whether or not related) and of any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all other entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Entities”) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. This Promotion consists of a contest of skill (the “Contest”).
- HOW TO ENTER: A degree of skill is required to win.
Step 1: First, you’ll need to create a Pinterest® account. If you are currently a member of Pinterest®, please proceed to Step 3.
Step 2: To become a Pinterest® member: Request an Invite at http://pinterest.com/
Step 3: Once a Pinterest® member, please create a Dollar Tree Graduation Board (hereinafter “Board”) on Pinterest®. Title the board “Dollar Tree Graduation Party”.
Step 4: Pin your products. Go to DollarTree.com and pin the products that you would use for your graduation party on the Board. Pins must have the tag #DTGraduationParty in the comments.
Step 5: Submit the link to your board in the “Pin It to Win It” tab on Dollar Tree’s Facebook® page located at www.facebook.com/dollartree.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected on or about May 17, 2013, from eligible entries received. Judging will be done on the basis of creativity, positive representation of brand message, composition and style of expertise of Board submitted. The winner selection process will be conducted as follows: Step 1) An initial screening of all Boards will be conducted by the Dollar Tree Marketing Team to determine the top twenty-five (25) Boards received; Step 2) A team consisting of four Dollar Tree Marketing Team members will review the twenty-five (25) Boards recommended by the initial Marketing team and select the winning ten (10) Boards. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: Sponsor will reasonably attempt to notify Prize Winner via the address, and/or e-mail address provided on the entry form. Winners may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and, where lawful, a Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) business days of receipt of notice of such winning status in order to accept and receive the prize. If the indicated forms are not signed and returned by the time indicated on the documents, or if a Prize Winner does not meet the eligibility criteria, declines the prize, cannot be contacted within the time frames set forth herein, or is otherwise unwilling or unable to comply with these Official Rules, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected at and in a manner to be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- GENERAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS: By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant (for himself/herself and his/her heirs) hereby releases Sponsor, the Entities, and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, governors, employees, shareholders, and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss, harm, damage, cost, expense, or claims including, but not limited to, third party claims based on: (i) publicity and/or privacy rights, defamation, and intellectual property associated with the Entrant or winner’s participation in the Promotion, redemption of any prize in connection with the Promotion, and/or use or misuse of any prize in connection with the Promotion, including, but not limited to, all reasonable counsel fees and court costs incurred, property damage, personal injury, and/or death; (ii) anything related to the production, promotion, or execution of the Contest (or participation therein), including preemption, cancellation, or rescheduling; and (iii) anything that may occur in connection with acceptance and/or use of the prizes or while participating in the Promotion, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of Releasees.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for non-conforming, lost, late, stolen, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Sponsor, Releasees, Entrants, tampering, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, and neither Sponsor nor any Releasee shall assume responsibility for any error, omission, defect, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the materials related to the Contest, or for any damage to the Entrant’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process, the voting process, or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or with intent or apparent intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, embarrass, harm, or harass, in any way, any other person. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, business or market circumstances, force majeure, public health concerns, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof by posting a notice on its website. If the Promotion or any portion of the Promotion is terminated before the end of the Promotion Period or the Voting Period, Sponsor will select winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date of the Promotion. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASEE BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN, OR THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, OR ADMINISTRATION OF, THE PROMOTION, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF A PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- MISCELLANEOUS: By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions or interpretation of Sponsor regarding the Official Rules, which are final and legally binding in all respects. Non-compliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification from the Contest. An individual is not a winner until he/she has fully complied with these Official Rules. Entrants hereby waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. This Promotion will be administered in the State of Virginia, and by participating, all Entrants hereby agree that the laws of the State of Virginia will apply exclusively to the Promotion and that any dispute with respect to this Promotion will be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of Virginia.
Disclosure of Winners
To receive a list of winners, mail a self addressed and stamped envelope to:
Dollar Tree Direct
Dollar Tree Graduation Party Pinning Contest
500 Volvo Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
The contest is sponsored by Dollar Tree Stores, Inc., 500 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Pinterest® is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc. which is not associated with Sponsor or this promotion.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. which is not associated with Sponsor or this promotion.