Job Description: Store Manager
Summary of Position
Major purpose and functions of the position
Responsible for the continued success in operating a store through recruiting, hiring,
training and development of store associates in both operations and merchandising.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities listed in order of importance
- Responsible for all store functions including opening, closing, ordering, freight processing
and all day-to-day store activities.
- Protects and secures all company assets, including store cash.
- Responsible for managing sales forecasting, work scheduling, payroll hours, and productivity.
- Responsible for evaluating, recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and counseling of
Dollar Tree associates.
- Maintain a professional and friendly environment with customers, subordinates and
- Ensures that all Dollar Tree associates have completed required training guidelines
while maintaining a favorable training environment.
- Maintains standards of merchandising presentation and store signage to maximize sales.
- Provide leadership and direction to associates as appropriate to include utilization of
daily planner and index cards.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures including safety guidelines.
- Processing of all required reports, documents, and memos.
- Implements all Store Support Center directives.
- Proficient use of available tools and technology at the store level.
Summary of knowledge, experience and education required
- Must possess prior retail and management experience;
- Background in dealing with hard lines / variety merchandise;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills;
- Ability to work in a high-energy team environment.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.