Submission of Content — Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before creating, accessing, submitting or using Dollar Tree’s websites or other social media.
Dollar Tree will accept certain Content (hereinafter defined) from its Customers under the following terms and conditions. Dollar Tree may use certain Content submitted by its customers in advertisements, announcements, catalogs, news articles and other publications. By submitting content to Dollar Tree, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Before submitting content to Dollar Tree, which may include, but is not limited, to submission of written articles, statements, photographs, drawings, documents and other material (collectively “Content”), you must read and agree to the following terms, conditions and policies (collectively the “Agreement”). Dollar Tree may revise the Agreement from time to time and may notify you of major changes, but we are not required to do so. You agree to periodically check to make sure you are familiar with the most up-to-date provisions of the Agreement which will be posed on Dollar Tree’s website. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue our site, either temporarily or permanently, and you agree that we shall not be liable to you if we should choose to do so.
- By posting or submitting content to Dollar Tree or other social media, for good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which your hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant to Dollar Tree, a non-exclusive world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, copy, edit, store, print, sublicense, distribute and publicly display all submitted materials. You also grant the right for Dollar Tree to prepare and use compilations and derivative works from the materials you submit and we shall have the right, without requesting permission from you, to use such materials for any marketing purposes. You agree not to challenge our right to use the Content provided to us by you. You acknowledge that the Content does not violate the right of privacy or the right of publicity of any other person.
- We have the right to remove or edit any Content that you submit to us. You agree that all moral rights in these materials have been waived. You agree that you are solely responsible for your own submissions and you are responsible for any consequences of doing so.
- You agree that you are an independent contractor and neither you nor any member of your immediate family is an employee of Dollar Tree. You are not being paid nor are you entitled to any compensation or other benefits for the submissions that you make to us.
- You cannot hold yourself out as an agent of Dollar Tree and you cannot obligate Dollar Tree to any third party in any manner.
- You represent to us that you either own all intellectual property rights or you have the necessary written license, permission, release or consent necessary for each submission you make and every aspect of it, subject to the rights you are granting to Dollar Tree herein.
- You will not make any false representations that could damage Dollar Tree or any other party; your Content will not be unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or threatening. You will not violate any federal, provincial, state or local law and you agree to indemnify Dollar Tree for all damages and costs in the event you fail to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
- We may remove any Content from our website that in our sole discretion we deem unacceptable for the Dollar Tree website. We are under no obligation to return any Content to you, even if we deem it unacceptable for our purposes.
- You confirm that you are 18 years of age or older. Content may be submitted on behalf of someone younger than 18 if done so by a parent or guardian.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, WILL DOLLAR TREE OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU BY DOLLAR TREE OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING DOLLAR TREE’S WEBSITES.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Dollar Tree, its parent, affiliates, officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims or liability, including costs and attorneys fees, arising from or in connection with your use of Dollar Tree’s website(s), the Content you provided, or failure to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- These terms are be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in Norfolk, Virginia in case of any dispute connected with these Terms and Conditions. If any of these terms and conditions are found unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable from the remaining terms and conditions, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between you and Dollar Tree relating to the subject matter it contains. This agreement may be modified only by our posting of changes to these terms and conditions.